- When do we do the release? Do we want for the Apache transition do be done?
- Do we merge the improved completion and syntax validation? If so, do we enable them by default?
- Do we merge the RST support?
- Can we migrate our wiki pages from http://nbpython.atlassian.net/ (private and I don't have admin access) to https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS? If so, I think we need a Contrib/NBPython space to put the pages.
can we support the download of external binaries in the Apache process?
We need to host two custom builds of Jython and some Python libs (for
the new autocompletion/syntax validation). The Python libs could be
downloaded from http://pypi.python.org/ as tarballs.
- Support for important files: files like
ini files are listed in an Important files node.
Should they be included in the release or deferred for a while?
Improved completion and syntax validation
This is currently in review, see http://forums.nbpython.org/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=123).
This currently requires a modification of the Python cluster in main to
build and some libraries to be uploaded in the binary cache.
These features are not yet enabled by default. They must be enabled in the menu.
- Supports Python 2 and Python 3
- Completion relies on jedi to provide relevant results in most cases
- Syntax validation relies on pyflakes
- Summary of remaining work for a future release (for details, see Enhanced autocomplete for Python 2, 3 and imports):
- Ability to configure pep8, jedi and pyflakes through the options
- Use the default configuration files to configure pep8 and pyflakes for a project automatically
- Ability to configure pep8 and pyflakes for a specific project
- Navigation in source file with Ctrl+click.
- Known issues
- On python 3 files with yield from navigator is empty.
This is currently in review, see http://forums.nbpython.org/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=139&p=723#p723
This currently requires a modification of the Python cluster in main to build.
- Syntax is highlighted
- Spellchecking is enabled
- Summary of remaining work for a future release (for details, see RestructuredText Support)
- Editing helpers
- Navigation in the navigation menu
- Known issues
- The module is not listed among the installed modules and so is not correctly uninstalled. Blocking, help to investigate appreciated!
Main bug fixes
Bugs that should be fixed or investigated before the release
For the full lists of exceptions, see https://netbeans.org/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?bug_status=NEW&bug_status=STARTED&bug_status=REOPENED&known_name=nbpython_exceptions&list_id=1057278&priority=P1&priority=P2&priority=P3&product=python&query_based_on=nbpython_exceptions&query_format=advanced&status_whiteboard=EXCEPTIONS_REPORT&status_whiteboard_type=allwordssubstr